Care for Individuals
Many of our students experience significant trauma early in life as a result of neglect, exploitation or through the death of a family member.
- We provide certified counseling with a Christian focus
- We underwrite specific individual crisis needs like cancer treatments, HIV/AIDS treatments, and even funeral expenses as needed
Partnering with the Local Church
Our students and families receive support through the efforts of Bishop David Ochieng’, KDS Chaplain and Spiritual Director, who works closely with the local church.
- 500 faith decisions were made in the KDS community last year
- Bishop Ochieng’ pastors a church that meets at the primary school each Sunday
- We conduct Biblical training for local pastors
- Together with Tyndale House Publishers, we have developed a Bible curriculum to help further equip the local church
- Through the Bernard Sewe Scholarship Fund we have educated more than 200 university students
- 10 of our graduates are now employed as leaders and teachers at KDS
- We have an active alumni association with 300 members who are giving back to the community in a variety of ways including financially and as mentors
- We distribute Easter and Christmas food baskets to KDS families and others in the community containing enough food to feed families during long holiday breaks
- We provide safe and reliable solar lighting to our families
- We partner with local community leaders to address issues affecting Dandora residents such as drugs, gangs and street children
- Each year we provide a full-scale medical camp through our partnership with Global Health Outreach, the mission arm of the Christian Medical and Dental Association.