HOW CAN I HELP?
You can’t change the whole world…but you can change one child’s world.
You don't have to travel to Africa to make a difference...
Here are some ways you can make a difference in the life of a destitute child in Kenya and let them know they are not forgotten. You can…
- Sponsor a Child - For just $38 per month you can greatly impact a child’s life in Dandora, one of Nairobi’s poorest areas. A sponsorship commitment provides a child with education, nutrition and medical care. You can make a difference and develop a heartwarming relationship with a needy child through financial gifts and letters of encouragement. You may want to travel with Kenya Children’s Fund “Through the Eyes of a Child” trip to visit your child.
- Alternative Gifts - For any budget, we have needs from feeding a child for a day to providing much needed textbooks, reference materials and other valuable teaching aids. Click here to see the many ways you can make a difference in the life of one child, or an entire class!
- Volunteer - You don't have to travel to Africa to make a difference...
- Join our Prayer Team - Prayer is a powerful gift and one that we greatly appreciate.
Here are some of our prayer requests:
1. Pray for the new academic year for KCF/KDS.
2. Pray that each child would be sponsored and trust God would bless each sponsor both new and continuing ones.
3. Prayer for peace and prosperity for the Kenyan people!
Raise Funds for KCF - Interact with your sphere of influence raising awareness, then raising funds for this worthwhile cause. Host a bake sale or car wash to reach friends and neighbors. Inquire whether your company provides matching grants or would consider a corporate donation.
Host an African Tea - Host an African Tea in your home to share God's vision for KCF. Raise awareness, spread the message, and garner monetary and prayer support for KCF. Invite your co-workers, book club, small group, Mommy group, or tennis team over for tea, cookies and an eye-opening evening about Kenya and the hope that KDS and KDSS bring to this corner of the world. You may also sell beautiful, one of a kind African pieces of artwork, jewelry, or housewares to raise funds for KCF.
Stay Connected - For many of us, awareness regarding the devastating plight of Africa’s children has been lifechanging. Keep connected with Kenya Children’s Fund through newsletters and websites.
- Do Something Big - Many of us have been financially blessed and are able to give in a significant way. You may want to consider helping KCF complete the construction of its secondary school or give to the Bernard Sewe Scholarship Fund which helps qualified secondary school graduates continue their studies in colleges and technical schools.
Have another way to get involved? We’d love to hear it!
Please contact Heather McKinley at:
Kenya Children’s Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit humanitarian organization that seeks to transform the lives of Kenya’s impoverished children by providing life’s basic necessities, principally education, nutrition, and medical care.
Kenya Children’s Fund operates the Kinyago-Dandora Primary School (KDS) in Dandora, one of the
poorest areas of Nairobi, Kenya. KDS has over 800 students enrolled in primary and secondary school classes (grades K-12). Academically, KDS is one of the top schools in its district.
Of every dollar given to Kenya Children’s Fund over 85 percent of our total expenditures are directed to child program ministries with less than 10 percent spent on administration.
Our mission is to lift children from a place of hopelessness to personal achievement. Our children flourish under the nurturing care of African professionals committed to imparting faith-based principles to children in the most important time of life: the formative years from preschool to university. Armed with an education, these young men and women will return to their communities to serve as change agents in every sector of society.
Change will come to Africa in the 21st century…one child at a time.