Dear Sponsor and Friend,
I'm a second year student of economics and finance at Kenyatta University and accounting at Strathmore University. I aspire to be one of the world's best economists and financial advisors so that I may be a position to change Kenya, Africa, and the world at large.
I thank God for KDS because going through the program has transformed my whole life and that of my community. Through KDS, many children who would have otherwise no chance to go to school, due to high poverty levels, can now access free and high standard education in a Christian based institution. Being one of the many beneficiaries, I can strongly say that KDS HAS TRANSFORMED MY LIFE to what it is today, and at last, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel because I can see a brighter future ahead of me.
Having seen the light, what I try to do is to encourage the young ones at KDS by assuring them that everything is possible through Christ who strengthens us. We, the KDS Alumni Association, give them advice on how to cope with day to day pullbacks.
My desire is to be the best I can be and to be one of the best examples of what KDS can and has done for the community. May God bless you and the stakeholders of KDS for the wonderful work being done there. It is a privilege to serve with you.
Sincerely in Christ,
There are a variety of opportunities for you to make a donation to Kenya Children’s Fund. Here are some ways you can make a difference in the life of a destitute child in Kenya:
- Sponsor a Child - For just $38 per month you can greatly impact a child’s life in Dandora, one of Nairobi"s poorest areas. A sponsorship commitment provides a child with education, nutrition and medical care. You can make a difference and develop a life-changing relationship with a needy child through financial gifts and letters of encouragement.
- Gifts That Make a Difference - For any budget, we have needs from feeding a child for a day to providing much needed textbooks, reference materials and other valuable teaching aids. Click here to see the many ways you can make a difference in the life of one child, or an entire class!
- General Operations - The needs of impoverished children are many and varied. By making a donation to General Operations, you can be assured your gift will go where most needed. From underwriting expenses of unsponsored children, to keeping the lights at the school on, this is always an area of need for Kenya Children's Fund.
- KCF Round-up - We have an opportunity for
those who give regularly, and would consider giving just a little more. Please consider the KCF Round-up! If you feel you are able to give a little
beyond your regular pledge amount, we would like to encourage you to “round up”
the amount you give. Here are a few examples; if you give $38.00/month, you
could round up to $40.00 - or even $50.00! If you give $114.00 quarterly,
you could round up to $125.00. If you give $456.00 annually, you could
round up to $500.00. These are just ideas, any amount would be welcome!
- Bernard Sewe Scholarship Fund: This fund was started in honor of a
former KDSS student who was only 16 when he drowned leading a boy scout
group expedition. He was a shining star at the school and dreamed of
one day attending University. This fund has been established in his name
to support post-KDS graduates in university, college and
How you can donate?
- Use our secure online donation form.
- One-time donation via Check or Money order.
- Monthly giving via automatic withdrawal from your checking or savings account or credit card.
- Matching Gifts: Check with your employer to find out if they have a matching gifts program. As a 501(c)3 organization, the amount of your gifts to Kenya Children’s Fund can be doubled by your employer.
- Donate Stock: If you would like to donate stock, please call our office at 952-938-2705.
*For mail in donations, please click here to download our donation form.